Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Address to Charles, 2nd Viscount Townshend
An address by the University of Cambridge to Charles, 2nd Viscount Townshend, thanking him for his part in securing Bishop Moore's library for the University, 1715. There is a draft of Townshend's reply, an account of the expenses of foreign ministers of the British Crown, 1741, and an address from the University of Louvain to the University of Cambridge, 1919.
Albert George Dew-Smith: Library Catalogue
Catalogue by A.G. Dew-Smith of his library, 298 folios. Many leaves are blank, apparently to allow for the insertion of fresh entries. Fos ir - xlix contain an alphabetical index of the books catalogued. The actual descriptive catalogue begins on fo. 1. The arrangement of entries is neither chronological nor alphabetical.
Alwyn Faber Scholfield: Papers
Includes correspondence with Montague Rhodes James, notes on classical literature and translations, correspondence and material relating to the University Library.
Augustus Theodore Bartholomew: Journals and papers
Catalogues of Italian Libraries
Catalogues of various Italian libraries and collections. Includes the Vatican Library and the Medici Library at Florence.
Charles Cardale Babington: Library Catalogue
Edward Byles Cowell: Brennus Stories
Essays upon various books admired and read by EBC, with general reflections upon the place of libraries and books in human life; divided into twelve sections with a conclusion. One or two verses, a preface and a dedication in verse (to the writer's wife) precede the opening section. At the foot of p. 162 is the date 15 July 1847.
Georg Franz Burkhard Kloss: Library catalogue, 1822, in the hand of Friedrich Neumetzer.
Henry Bradshaw: Correspondence and Papers
Includes correspondence, papers concerning Bradshaw's manuscript and early printed books studies and papers concerning King's College and the University Library
John Couch Adams: Catalogue of his Library
King's College, Cambridge: Library Inventory
Inventory of 1452, transcribed by Henry Bradshaw, 26 folios, including: (fo. 17) H. Bradshaw, 'The University Library in 1582'; (fo. 20) Bradshaw, 'Notes on the organ screen of King's College'. On the flyleaf is a list of contents in hand of John Willis Clark. The versos are blank throughout.
List of Library Catalogues
A list of catalogues of libraries, 1595-1831, 12 folios.
St Mark's Convent, Florence: Library Catalogue
'Repertorium sive index librorum latine et grece bibliothece Conventus Sancti Marci de Florentia ordinis Predicatorum', transcribed for J.W. Clark from the original catalogue in the State Archives, Modena, 64 folios. Attached to a fly-leaf are letters from G. Jervis to J.W. Clark, 14 June 1898 and 13 and 27 August 1898. Inside the front cover is the following note: 'To be given to the University Library, after Dr. M.R. James has made whatever use of it he pleases J.W. Clark 29 Aug. 1898'.
Thomas Gray: Catalogue of Books in the Royal Library
A catalogue of books in the Royal Library of Cambridge University Library, mainly incunabula, in the hand of Thomas Gray. The arrangement, in two shelves, antedates that of F.S. Parris' catalogue (1752).
William Henry Hatchard Elliott: Totnes Church Library Catalogue
A catalogue of the books in Totnes church library, Devon, made on slips, 298 folios. Accompanying the catalogue is a draft article describing the library for the Totnes church parish magazine, and a letter from T.H. Elliott to W.H.H. Elliott, 22 October 1903.
- Subject: Libraries X
- Libraries 14
- Catalogues 9
- Books 3
- Academic libraries 1
- Astronomy 1
- Bibliography 1
- Book collecting 1
- Book design 1
- Classical literature 1
- Diaries 1
- Early printed books 1
- Homosexuality 1
- Italy 1
- Librarians 1
- Manuscripts 1 ∧ less
- University of Cambridge 3
- Cambridge University Library 2
- Adams, John Couch, 1819-1892 (astronomer) 1
- Babington, Charles Cardale, 1808-1895 (botanist and archaeologist) 1
- Bartholomew, Augustus Theodore, 1882-1933 (librarian) 1
- Bradshaw, Henry, 1831-1886 (scholar, antiquary and librarian) 1
- Clark, John Willis, 1833-1910 (Cambridge University registrary) 1
- Cowell, Edward Byles, 1826-1903 (orientalist) 1
- Dew-Smith, Albert George, 1848-1903 (physiologist, lens maker and photographer) 1
- Elliott, William Henry Hatchard, 1882-? (head of boys school) 1
- Gow, Andrew Sydenham Farrar, 1886-1978 (Classical Scholar) 1
- Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771 (poet and literary scholar) 1
- Housman, Alfred Edward, 1859-1936 (poet) 1
- James, Montague Rhodes, 1862-1936 (biblical scholar, antiquary and palaeographer) 1
- King's College, Cambridge 1
- Moore, John, 1646-1714 (Bishop of Ely) 1
- Scholfield, Alwyn Faber, 1884-1969 (Cambridge University Librarian) 1
- St Marks' Convent, Florence 1
- Townshend, Charles, 1674-1738 (2nd Viscount Townshend, statesman) 1 ∧ less