Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Prepared for the Comte de Daun, Viceroy of Naples.
Catalogues of various Italian libraries and collections. Includes the Vatican Library and the Medici Library at Florence.
Monsignor de Terracina, 'Commentarii dell' attioni del regno di Francia'; Michele Soriano, 'Commentarii del regno di Francia'; and other pieces, 409 folios.
Transcribed from an original which was in the possession of the heirs of Count Girolamo Bolognetti in Rome at the time of the transcription, 182 folios. On p. 324 is a note of a leaf missing in the original. The initials 'MHC' are pencilled inside the front cover.
Written in four hands, 312 folios: (fo. ii) title; (fo. 1) text. There is a change of hand at fos 269, 272v and 310. On fo. i is the bookplate of Sir T. Phillipps.
Journal by Harriet Miller of tours on the continent with her husband, Professor W.H. Miller, 1856 and later.
'Delle historie memorabili contiene le Guerre d'Italia de' nostri tempi', possibly in the author's own hand.
'Divoti affetti verso al Santissimo Sagramento', liturgical devotions to the exposed sacrament, and prayers for use during the Nine Days' Festival of the Immaculate Conception, in Italian, with further prayers to St Michael, St Andrew, the Magi, and St Francis, in Italian and Latin, 69 folios.
Journals and notebooks of Hoare's extensive European tours, mainly through Italy.
'Relatione del modo col quale si gouernano in Francia gli Uganotti', 'Relatione della tenuta delli stati di Bearne' and 'Relatione dei successi seguiti in Bearne'.
- Italy 13
- France 9
- Travel abroad 4
- Austria 3
- Germany 3
- Spain 3
- Catholicism 2
- History 2
- Netherlands 2
- Switzerland 2
- Aden 1
- Australia 1
- Battersea Rise, London 1
- Belgium 1
- Business 1
- Canada 1
- Catalogues 1
- China 1
- Church 1
- Classical antiquities 1
- Egypt 1
- Hong Kong 1
- India 1
- Jamaica 1
- Japan 1
- Lectures (teaching method) 1
- Libraries 1
- Malaysia 1
- Naples 1
- Ossuna (Italy) 1
- Politics 1
- Prayers 1
- Religion 1
- Revolutions 1
- Rome 1
- Sicily 1
- Singapore 1
- Sri Lanka 1
- Travel 1
- United States 1
- Venice 1
- War 1 ∧ less
- Acton, John Emerich Edward Dalberg, 1834-1902 (1st Baron Acton and historian) 1
- Acton, Sir John Francis Edward, 1736-1811 (Knight, 6th Baronet and Prime Minister of Naples) 1
- Binnie, David Carr, fl. 1873 (traveller) 1
- Brand, Thomas, 1751-1814 (Chancellor of Lincoln Cathedral) 1
- Brusoni, Girolamo, 1610-1690? (Italian writer) 1
- Charles, II, 1630-1685 (King of Great Britain and Ireland) 1
- Döllinger, Johann Joseph Ignaz von (1799-1890) historian and theologian 1
- Evans, Marian, 1819-1880 (novelist, pseudonym George Eliot) 1
- Forster, Edward Morgan, 1879-1970 (novelist and critic) 1
- Gower, Granville George Leveson-, 1815-1891 (2nd Earl Granville, statesman) 1
- Hoare, Sir Richard Colt, 1758-1838 (2nd Baronet, historian and archaeologist) 1
- Inglis, Sir Robert Harry, 1786-1855 (2nd Baronet, politician) 1
- Lasaulx, Ernst von, 1805-1861 (German classicist and philosopher) 1
- Macaulay, Zachary, 1768-1838 (philanthropist) 1
- Miller, Harriet Susan, fl c 1856 1
- Miller, William Hallowes, 1801-1880 (mineralogist) 1
- Newman, John Henry, 1801-1890 (Cardinal) 1
- Newton, John, 1725-1807 (slave trader and Church of England clergyman) 1
- Thornton family 1
- Thornton, Henry, 1760-1815 (MP, Philanthropist and Economist) 1
- Thornton, John, 1720-1790 (merchant and philanthropist) 1
- Thornton, Marianne, 1797-1887 1
- Wilberforce, William, 1759-1833 (politician, philanthropist, and slavery abolitionist) 1
- Zazzera, Francisco, fl 1618 1 ∧ less