Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
The collection includes: McLachlan's papers for "Room 39"; Beesly's papers for "Very Special Intelligence" and for "Very Special Admiral"; and papers of Commander Lloyd Hirst, an intelligence officer.
Consisting of intelligence from intercepted enemy communications, forwarded from the Admiralty to Allied Commands, "Cairo Series", June 1942-September 1943.
Generally being decrypts from the Government Code and Cipher School at Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire, using the Enigma machine. The Enigma signals were given a special security classification, "MSS" (Most Secret Source) or "ULTRA".
Includes notebooks and diaries, correspondence with family and friends, miscellaneous literary papers and items concerning JHG's time spent in the army security forces both in England and Germany during and after the War.
Letters, diaries, photographs, printed books, miscellaneous papers.
This collection consists of letters and accounts of Denniston's code-breaking work in Naval Intelligence in both World Wars and of the setting up of Room 40. There are several photographs of Denniston in Naval uniform and some of the Royal Naval College at Osborne.
The Wilkinson Papers include three war journals, official telegrams and several files of official correspondence, and provide an extremely valuable record of British Intelligence in the Far East in the Second World War.
Papers relating to Mavis Batey's work at Bletchley Park. The collection is mainly comprised of later articles and notes for speeches by Batey including memories about her work and her colleagues, and a small amount of correspondence with historians of intelligence. Also includes copies and transcripts of wartime documents.
This collections comprises correspondence; papers relating to awards and honours; wartime documents including copies of the Air Scientific Intelligence reports he wrote during WWII, copies of intelligence reports he received, and captured German documents; papers relating to Jones' research topics and scientific interests; publications; conferences, lectures, and speeches.
Comprising official papers, correspondence and notebooks mainly relating to Norway and Finland.
The papers focus on Rowland Kenney's work in Norway during the two World Wars and on Kit Kenney's work in Finland and Norway during the Second World War.
These papers mostly consist of correspondence and articles. The papers all deal with intelligence matters such as access to wartime records, claims of espionage, memories of wartime code-breaking-related activities and publications by former Bletchley Park staff or about Bletchley Park.
The collection comprises the redacted and edited typescript copies of Mitrokhin's original manuscript notes of documents from the KGB archive. All documents are in Russian.
The papers relate to the setting up of Room 40 and the Naval Intelligence's code-breaking activities in the First World War and to Clarke's service in the Government Code and Cypher School from 1922 to 1945.
- Subject: Intelligence X
- Churchill Archives Centre 13
- Cambridge University Library 2
- ARCHON code (for CUL materials)
- Archives and MSS Dept. (GBR/0012) 2
- Intelligence 13
- Second World War (1939-1945) 8
- First World War (1914-1918) 3
- Germany 3
- Armed forces 2
- Diplomacy 2
- Japan 2
- Military intelligence 2
- China 1
- Civil defence 1
- Colonial countries 1
- Communism 1
- Cryptography 1
- Dardanelles campaign (1915-1916) 1
- Defence 1
- East West relations 1
- Economic policy 1
- Fascism 1
- Finland 1
- Foreign policy 1
- France 1
- Government policy 1
- India 1
- Industrial development 1
- Industrial policy 1
- Industry 1
- International relations 1
- International tensions 1
- Journalism 1
- Literature 1
- Monarchy 1
- Naval personnel 1
- Norway 1
- Physics 1
- Poetry 1
- Poland 1
- Politics 1
- Propaganda 1
- Soviet Union 1
- State security 1
- Trade unions 1
- War crimes 1
- Western Europe 1 ∧ less
- English 14
- Russian 1
- Royal Navy 3
- Clarke, William Francis, 1883 - 1961 (Intelligence Officer) 2
- Army 1
- Barry, Philip Stuart Milner, Sir (1906-1995, Knight and codebreaker) 1
- Batey, Mavis Lilian, 1921 - 2013 (nee Lever, wartime codebreaker and garden campaigner) 1
- Cecil, James Edward Hubert Gascoyne (1861-1947, 4th Marquess of Salisbury, politician) 1
- Churchill, Clementine Ogilvy Spencer (1885-1977, née Hozier, Baroness Spencer-Churchill of Chartwell) 1
- Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer, Sir, 1874 - 1965 (Knight, statesman and historian) 1
- Conservative Party 1
- Denniston, Alexander Guthrie, 1881 - 1961 (Intelligence Officer) 1
- Godfrey, John Henry, 1888 - 1971 (Admiral) 1
- Goodland, John Harold, 1919-1978 (poet and environmental campaigner) 1
- Hall, William Reginald, Sir, 1870 - 1943 (Knight, Admiral) 1
- Holt-Wilson, Sir Eric Edward Boketon, 1875-1950 (Knight, Brigadier and intelligencer) 1
- ID25, Intelligence Division of Naval Staff, 1917- 1
- Jones, Reginald Victor, 1911 - 1997 (physicist and intelligence scientist) 1
- Kenney, Kit, 1913 - 1988 (diplomat) 1
- Kenney, Rowland, 1882 - 1961 (journalist and diplomat) 1
- Liberal Party 1
- Metals Society 1
- Mitrokhin, Vasiliy, 1922 - 2004 (Archivist, First Chief Directorate (foreign intelligence), KGB) 1
- Moore, George Edward, 1873-1958 (philosopher) 1
- Room 40, Naval Intelligence Division, 1914-1917 1
- Roskill, Stephen Wentworth, 1903 - 1982 (naval historian) 1
- Royal Air Force 1
- Wilkinson, Gerald Hugh, 1909 - 1965 (intelligence officer and British Liaison Officer with General MacArthur) 1
- Williamson, Henry William, 1895-1977 (writer) 1 ∧ less