Showing Collections: 1 - 23 of 23
Albert George Dew-Smith: Library Catalogue
Catalogue by A.G. Dew-Smith of his library, 298 folios. Many leaves are blank, apparently to allow for the insertion of fresh entries. Fos ir - xlix contain an alphabetical index of the books catalogued. The actual descriptive catalogue begins on fo. 1. The arrangement of entries is neither chronological nor alphabetical.
Alphabetical list of incunabula and later printed books to 1653 in the University Library, Cambridge
Arthur Arberry: Correspondence and papers
Cambridge University Library: Supplement to the Manuscripts Catalogue
'A supplement to the printed catalogue of the manuscripts in the publick library', possibly compiled by T. Parne.
Catalogue of the library of Samuel Pepys
Transcript for Henry Bradshaw of John Jackson's 'Supellex Literaria'.
Catalogue of William Cole Manuscripts in the British Museum
Catalogue of the William Cole manuscripts in the British Museum, transcribed for George A. Matthew from Frederic Madden's list.
Catalogues of Italian Libraries
Catalogues of various Italian libraries and collections. Includes the Vatican Library and the Medici Library at Florence.
Charles Cardale Babington: Library Catalogue
Donald Bowen Collection
Edward Gordon Duff: Papers
Booksellers correspondence, notes on early printed books, book bindings, specific works and libraries, miscellaneous correspondence, catalogues and bibliographical memoranda.
Ernest James Worman: Handlist to the Taylor-Schechter Collection
List of manuscripts in the Taylor-Schechter Collection. For each item there is the title with a summary description, size, material, language, and date (when ascertainable).
General Fox-Pitt-Rivers: catalogues of his collections.
9 volumes, 1882-99, chronological catalogues of antiquities and ethnographical material: date of acquisition / article and description / price / location in various residences ('Place where it might be found', annotated to show rearrangement of collection, later 'Deposited at' / 'Transferred to'), many items illustrated with pen-and-wash drawings by G.F. Waldo Johnson and others.
Georg Franz Burkhard Kloss: Library catalogue, 1822, in the hand of Friedrich Neumetzer.
George Crabbe: Notebooks, catalogue of his library and literary compositions
Henry de Kirkestede: Catalogus Scriptorum Ecclesie
Henry Johann Schlegel: 'Catalogus manuscriptorum Bibliothecae Regiae Havniensis'
Arranged by size and content. Includes (fos 18-22v) catalogue of the Library's Arabic and Hebrew MSS, complied by Jacob Georg Adler.
John Day: Library Catalogue
Transcript made by J.J. Green of a catalogue of books bequeathed in 1627 to John Day, son of Lionel Day, by John Day the divine, 29 folios. The books were probably for the most part from the library of John Day the printer. On fos 1-3 are notes on a manuscript commonplace book of Lionel Day (Phillipps MS 2404), which was in the possession of J.J. Green in 1906. On fos 23 and 24 are further notes on Lionel Day and his family, and on fos 25-28 notes on the printer John Day and his family.
King's College, Cambridge: Library Inventory
Inventory of 1452, transcribed by Henry Bradshaw, 26 folios, including: (fo. 17) H. Bradshaw, 'The University Library in 1582'; (fo. 20) Bradshaw, 'Notes on the organ screen of King's College'. On the flyleaf is a list of contents in hand of John Willis Clark. The versos are blank throughout.
List of Library Catalogues
A list of catalogues of libraries, 1595-1831, 12 folios.
St Mark's Convent, Florence: Library Catalogue
'Repertorium sive index librorum latine et grece bibliothece Conventus Sancti Marci de Florentia ordinis Predicatorum', transcribed for J.W. Clark from the original catalogue in the State Archives, Modena, 64 folios. Attached to a fly-leaf are letters from G. Jervis to J.W. Clark, 14 June 1898 and 13 and 27 August 1898. Inside the front cover is the following note: 'To be given to the University Library, after Dr. M.R. James has made whatever use of it he pleases J.W. Clark 29 Aug. 1898'.
Thomas Gray: Catalogue of Books in the Royal Library
A catalogue of books in the Royal Library of Cambridge University Library, mainly incunabula, in the hand of Thomas Gray. The arrangement, in two shelves, antedates that of F.S. Parris' catalogue (1752).
University of Cambridge: Catalogue of classical marbles
Catalogue of marble sculpture presented to the University of Cambridge by John Disney of The Hyde, Ingatestone, Essex.
William Henry Hatchard Elliott: Totnes Church Library Catalogue
A catalogue of the books in Totnes church library, Devon, made on slips, 298 folios. Accompanying the catalogue is a draft article describing the library for the Totnes church parish magazine, and a letter from T.H. Elliott to W.H.H. Elliott, 22 October 1903.
- Subject: Catalogues X
- ARCHON code (for CUL materials)
- Archives and MSS Dept. (GBR/0012) 22
- Royal Commonwealth Soc. (GBR/0115) 1
- Catalogues 20
- Libraries 9
- Books 2
- Hebrew 2
- Library catalogues 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Africa (continent) 1
- Arab literature 1
- Arabic 1
- Art 1
- Artists 1
- Asian languages 1
- Bibliographies 1
- Bookbinding 1
- Booksellers 1
- Bookselling 1
- Commonwealth of Nations 1
- Europe (continent) 1
- Exhibition catalogues 1
- Hebrew literature 1
- Islam 1
- Italy 1
- Jews 1
- Judaism 1
- North and Central America (continent) 1
- Oriental literature 1
- Poetry 1 ∧ less
- Cambridge University Library 4
- University of Cambridge 2
- Arberry, Arthur John, 1905-1969 (orientalist) 1
- Babington, Charles Cardale, 1808-1895 (botanist and archaeologist) 1
- Bradshaw, Henry, 1831-1886 (scholar, antiquary and librarian) 1
- Clark, John Willis, 1833-1910 (Cambridge University registrary) 1
- Cole, William, 1714-1782 (antiquary) 1
- Crabbe, George, 1754-1832 (poet and Church of England clergyman) 1
- Day, John, 1522-1584 (printer and bookseller) 1
- Day, John, 1566-1628 (Aristotelian scholar and Church of England clergyman) 1
- Dew-Smith, Albert George, 1848-1903 (physiologist, lens maker and photographer) 1
- Disney, John, 1779-1857 (barrister and art collector) 1
- Duff, Edward Gordon, 1863-1924 (bibliographer) 1
- Elliott, William Henry Hatchard, 1882-? (head of boys school) 1
- Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771 (poet and literary scholar) 1
- King's College, Cambridge 1
- Kirkestede, Henry de, ? 1314-? 1378 (prior and bibliographer) 1
- Matthew, George A., fl 1901 1
- Parris, Francis Sawyer, 1707-1760 (biblical scholar) 1
- Pepys, Samuel, 1633-1703 (naval official and diarist) 1
- Rivers, Augustus Henry Lane Fox-Pitt-, 1827-1900 (archaeologist and anthropologist) 1
- Rogers, Alfred, fl 1850 (library assistant) 1
- Schlegel, Henry Johann, fl 1779 1
- St Marks' Convent, Florence 1
- Worman, Ernest James, d 1909 (curator and cataloguer) 1 ∧ less