Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
A series of lectures by Alfred Newton on the following subjects: Protozoa, Polypi, Acalephae, Echinodermata, Vermes, Crustacea, Arachnida, Mollusca, and Mammalia (115 folios). There is an accompanying note by Charles M. Newton, 11 July 1907.
Material relating to Sir Robert Edwards.
Papers relating to Worthington's work in Africa, a few items relating to his personal life and various publications. Includes correspondence, newspaper cuttings, reports, speeches and photographs.
Papers including correspondence and research notes.
Including some correspondence of his wife, Celia Milstein, to 2003.
The collection held by Churchill Archives contains the professional scientific papers of Mark Bretscher, starting from his early work on the genetic code and protein biosythesis, then moving into his work on cell membranes and cell movement. Predominantly working papers with some correspondence and photographs.
The papers include: correspondence from the 1960s to the 2000s, with some papers relating to the Anti-Submarine Experimental Establishment (1942) and naval radar research (1944-45); volumes of notes on experiments from 1947 to 1979; research papers and data files from the late 1970s to 1990s.
Papers comprising of correspondence to individuals and organisations; research projects; speeches; the Royal Society; drafts and finished manuscripts; businesses engagements; speeches; photographs; slides; awards and artefacts.
Papers relating to the cavity magnetron and to biophysics, including lectures, articles, research notebooks, correspondence, press cuttings, drawings and photographs.
Personal and scientific papers including correspondence, research and laboratory notebooks, draft publications and journal articles, newspaper clippings, photographs, videos and film.
- Subject: Biology X
- Churchill Archives Centre 11
- Cambridge University Library 5
- ARCHON code (for CUL materials)
- Archives and MSS Dept. (GBR/0012) 5
- Biology 14
- Molecular biology 4
- Artificial procreation 3
- Crystallography 3
- Embryology 3
- Laboratories 2
- Molecular structure 2
- Physics 2
- Science 2
- Viruses 2
- Biology education 1
- Chemistry 1
- Embryo transfer 1
- Emotions 1
- Entomology 1
- Family planning 1
- Fertility 1
- Genetics 1
- Glaciers 1
- Health education 1
- Human reproduction 1
- In vitro fertilization 1
- Interethnic relations 1
- Lectures 1
- Marine biology 1
- Personal papers 1
- Philosophy 1
- Physiology 1
- Radar 1
- Reproductive health 1
- Reproductive technology 1
- Scientific research 1
- Second World War (1939-1945) 1
- Sex education 1
- Textbooks 1
- Uganda 1
- Zoology 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Edwards, Robert Geoffrey, Sir, 1925 - 2013 (Knight, Professor of Human Reproduction) 3
- Birkbeck College, London 1
- Bretscher, Mark Steven, 1940 (biologist) 1
- Crabbe, George, 1754-1832 (poet and Church of England clergyman) 1
- Darwin, Charles Robert, 1809-1882 (naturalist) 1
- Franklin, Rosalind Elsie, 1920 - 1958 (crystallographer) 1
- Keynes, Richard Darwin, 1919 - 2010 (Professor of Physiology) 1
- Klug, Aaron, Sir, 1926 - 2018 (Knight, biophysicist) 1
- Milstein, César, 1927 - 2002 (molecular biologist) 1
- Newton, Alfred, 1829-1907 (zoologist) 1
- Perutz, Max Ferdinand, 1914 - 2002 (biologist) 1
- Rabel, Gabriele, 1880 - 1963 (physicist and biologist) 1
- Randall, John Turton, Sir, 1905 - 1984 (Knight, biophysicist) 1
- Rankin, Barbara, 1933 - 2019 (secretary to Professor Robert Edwards) 1
- University of Cambridge 1
- University of Cambridge. MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology 1
- Worthington, Edgar Barton, 1905-2001 (biologist) 1 ∧ less
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.