Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Photographs of WSC throughout his career.
"Naval interlude", memoirs of a RNVR midshipman, 1918/9, including photographs of various naval vessels Adam served on
An account of Adam's early life and education, and particularly his service during 1918/9 on HMS "Victory VI", "Excellent", "P20", "Vehement", "Sandfly" and "Venturous", including an account of the surrender of the German Fleet, November 1918, and his demobilisation, January 1919. The memoir ends after his arrival at Queens' College, Cambridge.
The collection comprises press photographs of the Royal Family; the Churchill family; World War II including the liberation of the concentration camp at Belsen. Many of the photographs have caption information on the back plus press agency stamps.
"My naval life", with photocopies of photographs of Robson's family and the ships he served on
Papers on Naval Engineering and intelligence issues, 1932-92; includes some papers of R.F. Le Bailly and W.F.G Le Bailly, 1885-1914
- Naval personnel 3
- Engineering 1
- First World War (1914-1918) 1
- Monarchy 1
- Second World War (1939-1945) 1
- Visual arts 1 ∧ less
- Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer, Sir, 1874 - 1965 (Knight, statesman and historian) 3
- Bailly, Louis Edward Stewart Holland Le, Sir, 1915 (Knight and Vice-Admiral) 1
- Nemon, Oscar, 1906 - 1985 (sculptor) 1
- Northcote, Henry Stafford, 1846 - 1911 (1st Baron, Politician) 1
- Robson, William Geoffrey Arthur, Sir, 1902 - 1989 (Knight, Vice-Admiral) 1
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.