Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The papers relate to the activities of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) and Committee of 100 and other non-violent disarmament and anti-nuclear pressure groups with whom Ashburner was involved in the 1960's.
Papers comprising laboratory notebooks, articles, lectures, correspondence and photographs.
Also includes records of the Kapitza Club, 1922-58 and 1966, and copy papers of the Maud Committee, 1940-1.
With offprints of papers by Ernest Rutherford, 1872-1913.
- Church 1
- Conferences 1
- Nuclear bomb 1
- Nuclear disarmament 1
- Nuclear energy 1
- Nuclear physics 1
- Physics 1
- Religious institutions 1
- Science 1
- Second World War (1939-1945) 1 ∧ less
- Ashburner, Michael, 1942 (Professor of Biology and Fellow of Churchill College) 1
- Atomic Energy Research Establishment, Harwell 1
- Buzzard, Anthony Wass, Sir, 1902 - 1972 (2nd Baronet, Rear-Admiral) 1
- Cockcroft, John Douglas, Sir, 1897 - 1967 (Knight, nuclear physicist and first Master of Churchill College) 1
- United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority 1
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.