Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The Papers of J Philip Smith
The collection includes Smith's files on individual aircraft including the Airbus; plans and technical drawings and correspondence relating to the aircraft industry and aircraft design.
The Papers of Professor Joseph Preston
In addition to reprints of most of Preston's published scientific papers the collection consists principally of manuscript working papers either for research projects, articles or lectures throughout his career.
The Papers of Sir Barnes Neville Wallis
Copies of papers written by Wallis in the course of his aeronautical research.
The Papers of Sir John Edward Lennard-Jones
Personal and scientific papers
The Papers of Sir William Hawthorne
The papers in this collection relate to Sir William's personal life and to his business, research and University interests.
Whittle Associated Papers
These papers were deposited by people who knew or worked with Frank Whittle. The contents are mainly reports produced for Power Jets Limited during World War II.
- Engineering 3
- Air warfare 2
- Aircraft 2
- Air force personnel 1
- First World War (1914-1918) 1
- Military equipment 1
- Science 1
- Second World War (1939-1945) 1
- Thermodynamics 1 ∧ less
- Whittle, Frank, Sir, 1907 - 1996 (Knight, Air Commodore, aeronautical engineer) 2
- Hawthorne, William Rede, Sir, 1913 - 2011 (Knight, Professor of Applied Thermodynamics) 1
- Jones, John Edward Lennard, Sir (1894-1954, Knight, scientist) 1
- Preston, Joseph Henry, 1911 - 1985 (Professor of Fluid Mechanics) 1
- Smith, J Philip, 1915 - 1995 (aeronautical engineer) 1