Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Papers of Admiral Sir John de Robeck
This collection consists of De Robeck's naval, official and personal papers. The naval and official papers include Midshipman's Logs, correspondence and Fleet orders. The personal papers include correspondence and diaries.
The Papers of Commander John Owen
The papers chiefly consist of letters from Churchill to Owen while Owen was working as naval historical adviser to Churchill. All letters are typed, one has an extra hand-written paragraph. There are also a number of hand-written letters from Admiral of the Fleet Sir Roger Keyes.
The Papers of Vice-Admiral Wilfred Tomkinson
Many of the papers relate to the Invergordon Mutiny and Tomkinson's subsequent treatment by the Admiralty. The British attacks on Zeebrugge and Ostend in 1918 also feature in some of the documents. Tomkinson left a large number of photographs which illustrate his naval career and his family life.
- First World War (1914-1918) 2
- Dardanelles campaign (1915-1916) 1
- Invergordon 1
- Royal Navy 2
- Carden, Sackville Hamilton, Sir, 1857 - 1930 (Knight, Admiral) 1
- Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer, Sir, 1874 - 1965 (Knight, statesman and historian) 1
- Hamilton, Ian Standish Monteith, Sir, 1853 - 1947 (Knight, General) 1
- Owen, John Hely, 1890 - 1970 (Naval Commander) 1
- Robeck, John Michael de, Sir, 1862 - 1928 (1st Baronet, Admiral of the Fleet) 1
- Tomkinson, Wilfred, 1877 - 1971 (Vice-Admiral) 1
- Tyrwhitt, Reginald Yorke, Sir, 1870 - 1945 (Knight, Admiral of the Fleet) 1
- Wemyss, Rosslyn Erskine, 1864 - 1933 (1st Baron Wester Wemyss, Admiral of the Fleet) 1 ∧ less