Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Memoirs and papers, 1915-42, additional papers, 1851-1911, and correspondence, 1939-1943.
This collection consists of letters and accounts of Denniston's code-breaking work in Naval Intelligence in both World Wars and of the setting up of Room 40. There are several photographs of Denniston in Naval uniform and some of the Royal Naval College at Osborne.
- Intelligence 1
- Naval personnel 1
- Second World War (1939-1945) 1
- Clarke, William Francis, 1883 - 1961 (Intelligence Officer) 1
- Denniston, Alexander Guthrie, 1881 - 1961 (Intelligence Officer) 1
- ID25, Intelligence Division of Naval Staff, 1917- 1
- Room 40, Naval Intelligence Division, 1914-1917 1