Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The programme comprises transcripts of interviews with senior diplomats.
The Papers consist of political papers, correspondence, speeches and press cuttings, mainly relating to Trade Unions, the Ministry of Labour and National Service, and the Foreign Office.
This small collection relates to a personal memoir written by Hickling recalling the final days of British rule in South Arabia (1964-67) recalling his time as Legal Adviser to the High Commissioner in Aden and South Arabia [later Yemen]. Hickling wrote the memoir in 1973-4 while waiting for a Foreign Office posting. It has not been published.
Collection includes a copy of Robertson's autobiography, ca. 1945; correspondence with his mother and wife, 1900-1946; papers relating to Robertson's Foreign Office career; speeches and articles; and papers relating to later aspects of Robertson's career.
- Diplomacy 2
- Colonial countries 1
- European cooperation 1
- Foreign policy 1
- Government policy 1
- International relations 1
- Labour relations 1
- Politicians 1
- Politics 1
- Second World War (1939-1945) 1
- Trade unions 1 ∧ less
- Bevin, Ernest, 1881 - 1951 (statesman and Trade Union Leader) 1
- Hickling, Reginald Hugh, 1920 - 2007 (solicitor, legal adviser) 1
- Labour Party 1
- Ministry of Labour 1
- Robertson, Malcolm Arnold, Sir, 1877 - 1951 (Knight, Civil Servant, MP) 1
- Trades Union Congress 1 ∧ less