Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection consists of letters and accounts of Denniston's code-breaking work in Naval Intelligence in both World Wars and of the setting up of Room 40. There are several photographs of Denniston in Naval uniform and some of the Royal Naval College at Osborne.
The papers relate to the setting up of Room 40 and the Naval Intelligence's code-breaking activities in the First World War and to Clarke's service in the Government Code and Cypher School from 1922 to 1945.
- First World War (1914-1918) 1
- Second World War (1939-1945) 1
- Denniston, Alexander Guthrie, 1881 - 1961 (Intelligence Officer) 1
- Hall, William Reginald, Sir, 1870 - 1943 (Knight, Admiral) 1
- ID25, Intelligence Division of Naval Staff, 1917- 1
- Room 40, Naval Intelligence Division, 1914-1917 1
- Royal Navy 1