Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 41
Ethical and theological extracts and notes, lecture notes on 'mental philosophy,' welsh poetry and Michaelangelo's sonnets, both translated into English.
A sermon upon I Cor. xiii. 1-3, 10 folios. This is preceded by a list of places where the sermon was preached, 1765-1791. On a fly-leaf in the hand of Alfred Newton is 'From R. Holt-White Christmas 1906'.
Gustavus Adolphus Schutt Schneider: Selections from the Theological Correspondence of Fenton John Anthony Hort
Diaries, lecture notes, poems, various religious notes and volumes.
Hendrik Niclaes: 'A Description of the Iniquitie, Vanitie, Blindnes, Incredulity and Horriblenes of the perverse World', and, 'To the Congregation in the Love'
English translations. fo. i: 'Nancy Lush I went to my Grandmothers the 25 of December.' fo. iv: 'Nancy'. fo. ii: 'C:12G.J.B'. fo. 50v: 'J.B.C:12G', 'J.B., 12G'.
Hendrik Niclaes: 'A Singular Description with an effectuall Resolution of the Upright Faith, Knowledge and Confessing of Christ'
English translations from Low German. fo. 1: preface. fo. 10: text. Apparently unprinted. fo. ii: 'C.54G J. B.' inside front cover: bookplate of Henry Hoare, goldsmith of London, 1704.
Hendrik Niclaes: 'The Seconde Exhortation of HN to his Children and to the Famely of the Love of Jesu Christ'
Inside front cover: '366' (in pencil).
Books kept by Edward Collingwood on Henry Hubbard's lectures in elaboration of Thomas Rutherford's Ordo institutionum physicarum in privatis lectionibus. Collingwood's signature is at the front of both volumes.
'Rules and constitutions for the continuantion [sic] of spirituall exercises and conferences of the Irish Priests and Schollers dwelling wotether or separatly in the Citty and Suburbs of Paris'
Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet: Relation de la conference d'entre Monsieur l'Eveque de Condom et Monsieur Claude
Work first printed 1682. Present copy appears to be a transcript from an early edition. inside front cover: bookplate of J. Lee, Doctor's Commons, May 1830. 'B 5/20' in pancil. fo. 1v: 'No. 112 - Library of the Revd J. H. Renouard Trinity College Cambridge May 1830.'
'Sententiae ex D. Hieronimo collectae', 42 folios: fo. 2: quotation from Xenophon's Cyropedia; fo. 4: title and date; fo. 5: quotations from Saint Jerome. At the head of each set is the title of the epistle or other work from which the quotations are taken. On fo. 2 is a stamp with a coat of arms, 'Bibliotheca Rilliana', and the number 45 (?) in a circle. The reference may be to the Rilli family of Florence.
Collections of notes and references on theologians and theology.
A linguistic exposition upon 'Sixteen Hebrew Texts', 1759, and 'Illustration of the Decalogue', 1762, with a copy by Prettejohn of Matthias Wasmuth, 'Explicatio duplicis Accentuationis Decalogicae' (apparently an embellished extract from the Vindiciae S. Hebraeae Scripturae, Rostock, 1664).
'Annotationes in Epistolam Sancti Pauli ad Colossenses Authore Reverendo Doctore Josepho Beaumont Sacra Theologiae Professore Regio in Academia Cantabrigensi.'. Latin, with Greek quotations.
- Theology 40
- Christian sects 6
- Heresy 6
- Religious doctrines 6
- Religious sects 6
- Sermons 5
- Bible 4
- Christianity 4
- Poetry 4
- Religion 4
- Catholicism 3
- Church controversies 2
- Dissent (religious) 2
- Poems 2
- Religious belief 2
- Religious beliefs 2
- Roman Catholicism 2
- Anglicanism 1
- Anglicans 1
- Arabian Peninsula 1
- Christian theology 1
- Church of England 1
- Doctrinal theology 1
- Education 1
- Ethics 1
- Gardening 1
- Germany 1
- Lectures 1
- Linguistics 1
- Litanies 1
- Marriage 1
- Missionary work 1
- Morals 1
- Paris 1
- Prayers 1
- Preaching 1
- Prose 1
- Quakerism 1
- Quakers 1
- Reformation 1
- Sacraments 1
- Semitic languages 1
- Slavery 1
- Thunderstorms 1 ∧ less
- Niclaes, Hendrik, 1502-? 1580 (German mystic and founder of the sect Familia Caritatis) 6
- Moule, Handley Carr Glyn, 1841-1920 (Bishop) 2
- Patrick, John, ? 1632-1695 (Church of England clergyman and religious controversialist) 2
- Patrick, Simon, 1626-1707 (Bishop of Ely) 2
- Smith, William Robertson, 1846-1894 (theologian and Semitic scholar) 2
- University of Cambridge 2
- Allen, William, 1770-1843 (philanthropist and scientist) 1
- Beaumont, Joseph, 1616-1699 (poet and college head) 1
- Bensly, Robert Lubbock, 1831-1893 (Hebrew, Syriac, and Biblical scholar) 1
- Bossuet, Jacques-Bénigne, 1627-1704 (French bishop and theologian) 1
- Burkitt, Francis Crawford, 1864-1935 (biblical scholar) 1
- Burrough, Edward, 1633-1663 (Quaker activist and writer) 1
- Clutterbuck, Thomas, b 1623 (Archdeacon) 1
- Collingwood, Edward, fl. 1752-1756 (lawyer) 1
- Cowell, Edward Byles, 1826-1903 (orientalist) 1
- Ferrar, Nicholas, 1593-1637 (religious writer and administrator) 1
- Gibbins, Joseph, 1756-1811 (buttonmaker and banker) 1
- Gilbert, Thomas, 1613-1694 (vicar of Upper Winchendon) 1
- Grynaeus, Johann Jacob, 1540-1617 (divine) 1
- Hall, David, 1683-1756 (schoolmaster and Quaker minister) 1
- Hay, William, 1695-1755 (MP and author) 1
- Hort, Fenton John Anthony, 1828-1892 (biblical scholar and theologian) 1
- Hubbard, Henry, 1708-1788 (theologian) 1
- Knight, Samuel, 1677-1746 (Church of England clergyman and antiquary) 1
- O'Molony, Matthew, fl 1674 (Dean of Killaloe) 1
- Penn, William, 1644-1718 (Quaker Founder of Pennsylvania) 1
- Prettejohn, John, fl 1760 1
- Randall, Giles, fl 1648 1
- Rutherford, Thomas, 1712-1771 (Professor of Divinity) 1
- Schneider, Gustavus Adolphus Schutt, 1858-1941 (clergyman) 1
- Servetus, Michael, 1511-1553 (lawyer and philosopher) 1
- Smyth, Henry, fl 1610 (priest and academic, Master of Magdalene College, Cambridge) 1
- Society of Friends 1
- Taylor, Henry, 1711-1785 1
- White, Gilbert, 1720-1793 (naturalist) 1 ∧ less
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.