Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Transcripts of diaries and letters, photgraphs, telegrams, postcards, cuttings and maps from the First World War.
Letters written to Romilly's father describing his military experiences.
Accounts of the outbreak of the First World War and the conduct of military operations in Africa. With a note by John Holroyd-Doveton concerning Eric Humphrey Holroyd-Doveton.
English translations by D.C. Phillott of letters from Indian Army troops serving in Palestine.
The collection is comprised of 36 letters and telegrams, written between March 1918 and February 1919, to his father in India, describing his experiences as an artillery signalling officer in Flanders, during the last year of the First World War.
The collection consists primarily of letters from Ruth Darwin to members of her family but predominantly to her sister (Emma) Nora Darwin, and correspondence and papers arising out of Ruth's work with the British Committee of the French Red Cross in France in 1917-1919.
Album Amicorum compiled by Sister E. B. Tayloe during the First World War, while serving at the First General Hospital, Cambridge, and at the 16th General Hospital, Le Treport.
The papers consist principally of letters, journals and photographs relating to the service of Harold Arthur Thomas Fairbank in the South African War and First World War, and of Thomas John Fairbank in the Second World War.
Letters written by WN to friends and family from the Far East, Germany and Holland whilst interned during the First World War; notes describing the riots in Hankow, 1927; photographs of China.
- Poetry 3
- British literature 1
- China 1
- Composers 1
- Contemporary literature 1
- Correspondence 1
- Egypt 1
- Eugenics 1
- France 1
- Germany 1
- International relations 1
- Internment 1
- Internment camps 1
- Japan 1
- Mental health 1
- Mental health legislation 1
- Mental health services 1
- Military nursing 1
- Palastine 1
- Poems 1
- Poets 1
- Rhodesia 1
- Second World War (1939-1945) 1
- Social welfare 1
- South african war (1899-1902) 1
- Sudan 1
- Western Front (1914-1918) 1
- Womens education 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- Sassoon, Siegfried Loraine, 1886-1967 (poet and author) 2
- Barlow, Lady Emma Nora, 1885-1989 (née Darwin, botanist and geneticist) 1
- Barlow, Sir James Alan Noel, 1881-1968 (2nd Baronet and civil servant) 1
- Dent, Edward Joseph, 1876-1957 (Professor of Music) 1
- Fairbank, Sir Harold Arthur Thomas, 1876-1961 (Knight, Orthopaedic Surgeon) 1
- Fairbank, Thomas John, 1912-1998 (Orthopaedic Surgeon) 1
- Furtado, Abraham Edgar Gaston, 1880-1955 (civil servant) 1
- Jenkinson, Francis John Henry, 1853-1923 (librarian) 1
- Morrell, Lady Ottoline Violet Anne, 1873-1938 (née Cavendish-Bentinck, hostess and literary patron) 1
- Neill, Walter, b 1881 (banker) 1
- Phillott, Douglas Craven, 1869-1930 (Lieutenent-Colonel and scholar) 1
- Ridley, Edward D., d 1945 (Grenadier Guardsman) 1
- Romilly, Bertram Henry Samuel, 1878-1940 (Colonel) 1
- Royal Army Medical Corps 1
- Thomas, Ruth Frances Rees-, 1883-1972 (née Darwin) 1
- Turner, Frederick Blair, 1898-1980 (Major and medic) 1 ∧ less