Showing Collections: 1 - 21 of 21
A.C. Seward: Letters from D.H. Scott, and notebooks
Correspondence from the distinguished palaeobotanist Dukinfield Henry Scott (1854-1934), honorary director of the Jodrell Laboratory at Kew and notebooks containing notes on plant fossils.
Arthur Tansley: Papers
Botanical notebook of Mr Thomas Hugo of Taunton, Somerset
Mainly sketches of fungi, with some sketches of flowering plants, and some notes on both.
Edward Thomas Connold: British Vegetable Galls
Printed forms, completed in manuscript, describing the characteristics of different types of vegetable gall, each with an accompanying picture.
E.P. Farrow: ''Ecology of the vegetation of Breckland''
'With two hundred photographs, charts and diagrams in the text and supplement'. 351 pages. Typescript for publication. It would seem that the document as a whole was never printed, but sections were adapted for publication in the Journal of Ecology (see Publication Notes).
Essay on Monkshood, with an experimental inquiry into is properties etc
Attributed to Robert Jackson. Includes letter in front of volume offering it to his friend Pringle/Pryle (?).
Flora of the Isle of Purbeck'
"Flora of the Isle of Purbeck, and (other Dorset Plants), nomenclature & arrangements as per "The London Catalogue of British Plants", Edition 10". By C. B. Green.
Covers 98 plants.
John Martyn: Lists of botanists
Short biographies of botanists; generally 1 per folio. Does not seem to be any particular ordering.
J.S. Henslow: Correspondence and botanical lecture notes
J.W. Salter: Drawing for Babington's ''The British Rubi''
Drawings by J. W. Salter, intended for C. C. Babington's work 'The British Rubi', but not ready by the time the volume was published (see Publication Notes). Pencil drawings pasted into the volume the majority partially (about half) coloured, often with Latin name, and date and location. Includes some printed version of some of the drawings. Also includes account of payments due from Babington to Salter for the work.
Papers of Harold Leslie Keer Whitehouse
Correspondence, drafts of publications, research notes, reviews, papers on talks and teaching, personal information on career.
Papers of Nora Barlow
Papers of Richard West
Plant Sciences Library: Miscellaneous Volumes
Various catalogues, plant lists and an account book.
Redcliffe Nathan Salaman: Scientific, Personal and Family Papers
Includes correspondence, notes, scientific papers, newscuttings and photographs. Also includes papers of Redcliffe Salaman's wife Nina Salaman.
Samuel Dömjen: general treatise on plants
Sir Everard Home: Compendium of the Linnaean System
Compendium of the Linnaean system of botany, with two introductory 'lectures' addressed to 'Dear Mary' (possibly Home's daughter), for whom the work was compiled.
Thomas Martyn: Bibliography of botany
Covers primarily works between 1400 and 1764, although also includes brief entries on particularly notable historic works. Contains index by author, but only from A to K.
Watercolours of flowering plants, Ireland
Anonymous. Each page has a heading with Latin names for plants, many of which are followed by watercolours, with date and location of painting, and name in English, while many pages are left blank aside from title.
William W. Newbould, various botanical notes, mid-19C
W.W. Newbould: notes on ''Manual of English botany''
Written by Rev. W. W. Newbould about the work of his colleague, Charles Cardale Babington, 'Manual of British Botany'
- Genetics 2
- Archaeology 1
- Botanists 1
- East Anglia (general region) 1
- Ecology 1
- Family correspondence 1
- Geology 1
- Hebrew 1
- Jewish refugees 1
- Judaism 1
- Lectures 1
- Palaeoclimatology 1
- Personal papers 1
- Potatoes 1
- Psychology 1
- Quaternary 1
- Science 1 ∧ less
- Latin 1
- Babington, Charles Cardale, 1808-1895 (botanist and archaeologist) 2
- Newbould, William Williamson, 1819-1886 (topographer and botanist) 2
- Barlow, Lady Emma Nora, 1885-1989 (née Darwin, botanist and geneticist) 1
- Connald, Edward Thomas, 1862-1910 (naturalist) 1
- Darwin, Charles Robert, 1809-1882 (naturalist) 1
- Darwin, Emma Nora, 1885-1989 (Lady Barlow and writer) 1
- Flamsteed, John, 1646-1719 (astronomer) 1
- Henslow, John Stevens, 1796-1861 (botanist and Church of England clergyman) 1
- Home, Sir Everard, 1756-1832 (1st Baronet and surgeon) 1
- Martyn, John, 1699-1768 (botanist, FRS) 1
- Martyn, Thomas, 1735-1825 (botanist) 1
- Raverat, Gwendolen Mary, 1885-1957 (née Darwin, artist) 1
- Salaman, Redcliffe Nathan, 1874-1955 (physiologist and zionist) 1
- Seward, Sir Albert Charles, 1863-1941 (Knight, botanist and geologist) 1
- Tansley, Sir Arthur George, 1871-1955 (Knight, plant ecologist) 1
- University of Cambridge 1
- Watt, Alexander Stuart, 1892-1985 (plant ecologist) 1
- Whitehead, Harold Leslie Keer, 1917-2000 (botanist) 1 ∧ less