Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Material relating to the work of Prof. G.E. Moore and Dr. Ludwig Wittgenstein, including notes taken during their lectures and notes on Wittgenstein's 'Blue' and 'Brown' books.
MS.Add.8875 is comprised of Moore's philosophical papers, and now forms sections 10-16. It includes contemporary notes of Wittgenstein's lectures, the autographs of his 1899 London lectures, and papers for the Moral Sciences Club.
MS.Add.8330 contains Moore's personal and family papers, and his correspondence (sections 1-9), as well as books from his library (section 17).
Includes notebooks and diaries, correspondence with family and friends, miscellaneous literary papers and items concerning JHG's time spent in the army security forces both in England and Germany during and after the War.
- Philosophy 4
- Education 1
- Ethics 1
- Germany 1
- Lectures 1
- Wittgenstein, Ludwig Josef Johann, 1889-1951 (philosopher) 2
- Flamsteed, John, 1646-1719 (astronomer) 1
- Goodland, John Harold, 1919-1978 (poet and environmental campaigner) 1
- Hassall, Christopher Vernon, 1912-1963 (writer and librettist) 1
- Holroyd, Sir Michael de Courcy Fraser, b 1935 (Knight, biographer) 1
- Lazerowitz, Alice Ambrose, 1906-2001 (philosopher) 1
- Moore, Dorothy Mildred, 1892-1977 (wife of George Edward Moore) 1
- Moore, Nicholas, 1918-1986 (poet) 1
- Moore, Timothy, 1922-2003 (composer) 1
- Rouse, William Henry Denham, 1863-1950 (scholar and eduational reformer) 1
- Ryle, Gilbert, 1900-1976 (philosopher) 1
- Wedgwood, Iris Veronica, Lady, 1887-1982 1
- Wedgwood, Ralph Lewis, Sir, 1874-1956 (baronet, railway administrator) 1
- Williams, Ralph Vaughan, 1872 - 1958 (composer) 1
- Williamson, Henry William, 1895-1977 (writer) 1
- Woolf, Leonard Sidney, 1880-1969 (editor, author and colonial civil servant) 1 ∧ less