Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The volume contains 26 items, in different hands and on different sizes of paper, many anonymous. There are eight sermons by John Donne, and others by Thomas Moore and Josias Shute. There is also a Latin letter from Thomas Egerton to his father John, 1st Earl of Bridgewater, and some geographical material. The volume has the Bridgewater crest and the bookplate of the Bridgewater Library.
A manuscript collection of poems mainly by John Donne and William Strode. On the flyleaf are the signatures of Edward Hyde (1607-1659) and Robert Walker. The volume has the bookplate of Baron Aston of Forfar. Many of the pages are unused.
Two leaves in Latin and two volumes in English
A collection of poems of John Donne. Also includes other poems by Francis Bacon, Thomas Carew, Francis Beaumont and Sir Henry Wotton transcribed at a similar date. The manuscript is sometimes referred to as the 'Cambridge Balam' manuscript.
- Poetry 3
- Poems 1
- Seals (law) 1
- Sermons 1
- Egerton, John, 1579-1649 (1st Earl of Bridgewater, politician and lawyer) 1
- Jenkinson, Francis John Henry, 1853-1923 (librarian) 1
- Jessopp, Augustus, 1823-1914 (schoolmaster and historical writer) 1
- Nicholson, Brinsley, 1824-1892 (military surgeon and literary scholar) 1
- Shute, Josias, 1588-1643 (Archdeacon of Colchester) 1