Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This group of papers concerns one stage in the long campaign to relax the hold of compulsory Greek on the University's curriculum and examinations, culminating in the publication of two reports by the Studies and Examinations Syndicate in 1904 and 1906.
Correspondence and specifications for patents.
Problem Papers including one bundle 'Mr Routh's Problem Papers October-December 1864' and some pages have 'Darwin' written top right. They are arranged roughly in an alphabetic series of double letters AA-ZZ (some missing) corresponding to Problem Papers.
A typescript diary of a Darwin's visit to South Africa with the British Association, 62 pages, with inserted items, including newscuttings, letters, menus, programmes and photographs. At the front of the volume is a photograph of the party, including Darwin and his wife, leaving Southampton on the Saxon. At the back of the volume is a certificate of the honorary degree of Doctor of Science presented to Darwin by the University of the Cape of Good Hope.
Notes on science and mathematics in two volumes.
Sir George Darwin: Correspondence and papers relating to marriage of daughter Gwen to Jacques Raverat
Correspondence between Sir George Darwin and solicitors E.F. Turner and Sons about Gwen Raverat's marriage settlement (1911); solicitors' detailed accounts, 1911-17; and correspondence between E.F. Turner and Sons and French solicitors about the preparation of Gwen Raverat's will (1917).
Papers and correspondence on tides.
- Jackson, Henry, 1839-1921 (classicist) 2
- University of Cambridge 2
- Adams, John Couch, 1819-1892 (astronomer) 1
- Balfour, Arthur James, 1848-1930 (1st Earl of Balfour) 1
- Cavendish, William, 1808-1891 (7th Duke of Devonshire and University Chancellor) 1
- Cobb, Gerard Francis, 1838-1904 (composer and writer) 1
- Darwin, Charles Robert, 1809-1882 (naturalist) 1
- Darwin, Emma, 1808 - 1896 (nee Wedgwood, wife of Charles Darwin) 1
- Darwin, Francis, Sir, 1848 - 1925 (knight, botanist) 1
- Darwin, Leonard, 1850-1943 (scientist and eugenicist) 1
- Darwin, Sir Horace, 1851-1928 (Knight and civil engineer) 1
- Darwin, William Erasmus, 1839-1914 (amateur geologist, and member of the Geological and Anthropological Societies) 1
- Gorst, Sir John Eldon, 1835-1916 (Knight, barrister and politician) 1
- Grey, Thomas de, 1843-1919 (6th Baron Walsingham, politician and entomologist) 1
- Leigh, Augustus Austen, 1840-1905 (college provost) 1
- Litchfield, Henrietta Emma née Darwin, 1843-1927 (editor of Darwin Papers) 1
- Litchfield, Richard Buckley, 1832-1903 (philanthropist) 1
- Maine, Sir Henry James Sumner, 1822-1888 (Knight, college head and jurist) 1
- Middleton, Richard William Evelyn, 1846-1905 (Conservative Party Chief Agent) 1
- Neville, Latimer, 1829-1918 (6th Baron Braybrooke) 1
- Raverat, Gwendolen Mary, 1885-1957 (née Darwin, artist) 1
- Sidgwick, Arthur, 1840-1920 (educationalist and classicist) 1
- Sidgwick, Henry, 1838-1900 (philosopher and economist) 1
- Stokes, Sir George Gabriel, 1819-1903 (1st Baronet and physicist) 1
- Strutt, John William, 1842-1919 (3rd Baron Rayleigh, experimental and mathematical physicist) 1
- Taylor, Sedley, 1834-1920 (musical scholar) 1
- Wade, Sir Thomas Francis, 1818-1895 (Knight, diplomat) 1 ∧ less