Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
437 folios. On fo. 4v is a letter from Allott to Richard Allott junior, 14 April 1822, and on fo. 18 is a note from J.E. Jackson, 11 March 1817. On fo. 437 is Anthony Topham, 'In Inaugurationem serenissimi Regis Caroli', transcribed from Cantabrigiensum dolor et solamen seu decessio Jacobi succesio Caroli (Cambridge, 1625), p. 7. Some leaves are blank.
Lists of graduati and members.
Notebooks, correspondence and notes on mathematical subjects.
Arranged under the headings of Fellows, Fellow Commoners etc., written on sheets of paper pasted on to a large sheet.
Includes: I) copy of petition by Samuel Lee, Regius Professor of Hebrew, and by James Scholefield, Regius Professor of Greek, to William IV, Feb. 1833; II) Trinity College: copy of charter of endowment, 24 Dec. 1546, transcribed 18 Apr. 1833 from CUL MS Mm.1.38; III) Trinity College: copy of statutes of 1552, apparently transcribed from CUL MS Mm.1.42
Recommendation of Charles Gale for deacon's orders, signed by the Master and Senior Fellows, Trinity College, Cambridge
Signatures of R. Bentley, Master, T. Bainbrigg, Vice-Master, J. Ekins, W. Stubbe, N. Spencer, P. Cock, E. Chester, G. Modd, and E. Bathurst.
Including notes on the following MSS.: Gonville and Caius 1072, 175; Trinity R.3.19-21; University Library Ll.4.14; Corpus Christi 45, 50, 80, 91; Jesus Q.I.8 (?); St John's B.6, C.9, K.26, F.18. fo. i: (signed) F. Madden / April 1838'. fo. iiv: '397-1873 / B. Quaritch' (in another hand). fos 47v-9, 54-86: blank. From the title page (fo. ii) Madden's original intention seems to have been to include MSS. from Oxford and elsewhere.
Includes lists of members, books and names of candidates. There are many blank pages.
Signatures of R. Scott, deputy Vice-Master, W. Lynnet, R. Stedman, J. Hawkins, R. Moyle, B. Pulleyn, W. Corker, and T. Bainbrigg. Endorsed in 17th-cent. hand: 'Mr Atkinson's Testimoniall'.
Signatures of C. Neville, Vice-Master, H. Babington, W. Lynnet, R. Stedman, R. Scott, J. Hawkins, B. Pull[e]yn, and T. Bainbrigg. Endorsed in 17th-cent. hand: 'Mr Seth Hawley's Testimoniall'.
- Lectures 2
- Mathematics 2
- Belgium 1
- Charters 1
- Education 1
- Examinations 1
- Genealogy 1
- Grenoble 1
- Lausanne, Switzerland 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Music 1
- Natural sciences 1
- Physics 1
- Statutes 1
- Student organizations 1
- Wills 1 ∧ less
- University of Cambridge 3
- Cambridge University Library 2
- Jesus College, Cambridge 2
- St John's College, Cambridge 2
- Acton, John Emerich Edward Dalberg, 1834-1902 (1st Baron Acton and historian) 1
- Allott, Richard, 1745-1832 (clergyman) 1
- Athenæum Club, London 1
- Christ's College, Cambridge 1
- Corpus Christi College, Cambridge 1
- Emmanuel College, Cambridge 1
- Eton College 1
- Foster, John Ebenezer, 1847-1912 (solicitor and antiquary) 1
- Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge 1
- Great Britain Board of Invention and Research 1
- James, Montague Rhodes, 1862-1936 (biblical scholar, antiquary and palaeographer) 1
- Jenkinson, Francis John Henry, 1853-1923 (librarian) 1
- Luard, Henry Richards, 1825-1891 (university administrator) 1
- Madden, Sir Frederic, 1801-1873 (Knight, palaeographer and librarian) 1
- Magdalen College, Oxford 1
- Mayor, John Edward Bickersteth, 1825-1910 (classical scholar and divine) 1
- Parry, Sir Charles Hubert Hastings, 1848-1918 (Knight, composer and musical writer) 1
- Pascal, Blaise, 1623-1662 (mathematician and physicist) 1
- Poole, Reginald Lane, 1857-1939 (historian) 1
- Romilly, Joseph, 1791-1864 (university administrator) 1
- Royal Society 1
- Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge 1
- Stanford, Sir Charles Villiers, 1852-1924 (Knight, composer and conductor) 1
- Stewart, Hugh Fraser, 1863-1948 (academic, churchman and literary critic) 1
- Thomson, Sir Joseph John, 1856-1940 (Knight, physicist) 1
- Trinity College Cambridge Book Club 1
- Turnbull, Herbert Westren, 1885-1961 (mathematician) 1
- University of Cambridge, Cavendish Laboratory 1
- Westminster College, Cambridge 1
- Whitehorn, Roy Drummond, 1891-1976 (Principal of Westminster College Cambridge) 1 ∧ less