Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Reference Code: GBR/0012/MS JM
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a comprehensive set of papers covering the activities of Jardine, Matheson & Co. Ltd, its predecessors, its subsidiaries and associated firms up to 1969:
• The company's business history is covered in large series of accounts (A) and correspondence (B-E, J-K).
• The rest of the collection is comprised of legal documents (F), printed commercial circulars and periodicals (G), documents in Chinese (H), papers of other companies (I), and miscellaneous papers (L)....
Conditions Governing Access:
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
- Repository: Cambridge University Library
- Language: Spanish; Castilian
- Names: Jardine, William, 1784-1843 (physician and merchant)