Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
A wide range of material compiled in preparation for the D.E.A.B. A few letters and other items are in French, German and Italian.
Cuttings from various publications on the 1892 disturbances, some in French and German with typescript translations. There is a note at the front by H.B. Thomas, October 1968: 'Formerly in Secretariat Library, Entebbe, Uganda, used by Margery Pelham when writing "Lugard, the years of adventure"'.
Maddocks has written many articles on postal history, the majority reflecting his primary interest in the history of the Cameroons, particularly during the colonial period. He is the author of a monograph examining postal arrangements during the conquest of German Kamerun by the British and French during the First World War. His works also cover Nigeria, West Africa, Gambia, Zambia, German East and South West Africa, Togo, Ascension, St. Helena, Papua New Guinea, Jamaica and Barbados.
- Uganda (nation) 2
- Barbados (nation) 1
- Cameroon (nation) 1
- Congo (general region) 1
- Gambia (nation) 1
- Jamaica (nation) 1
- Kenya (nation) 1
- Morocco (nation) 1
- Nigeria (nation) 1
- North and Central America (continent) 1
- Saint Helena (dependent state) 1
- Tanzania (nation) 1
- Togo (nation) 1
- Zambia (nation) 1 ∧ less
- French 2
- Italian 1
- Gray, Sir (John Milner, 1889-1970, Knight and colonial administrator) 1
- Lugard, Frederick John Dealtry, 1858 - 1945 (Baron Lugard, colonial administrator, soldier and author) 1
- Simpson, Donald Herbert, 1920 - 2002 (Librarian of the Royal Commonwealth Society) 1
- Thomas, Harold Beken, 1888 - 1971 (colonial administrator and historian) 1
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.