Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
An address by the University of Cambridge to Charles, 2nd Viscount Townshend, thanking him for his part in securing Bishop Moore's library for the University, 1715. There is a draft of Townshend's reply, an account of the expenses of foreign ministers of the British Crown, 1741, and an address from the University of Louvain to the University of Cambridge, 1919.
Includes correspondence with Montague Rhodes James, notes on classical literature and translations, correspondence and material relating to the University Library.
A catalogue of books in the Royal Library of Cambridge University Library, mainly incunabula, in the hand of Thomas Gray. The arrangement, in two shelves, antedates that of F.S. Parris' catalogue (1752).
- Books 1
- Catalogues 1
- Classical literature 1
- Cambridge University Library 2
- Gow, Andrew Sydenham Farrar, 1886-1978 (Classical Scholar) 1
- Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771 (poet and literary scholar) 1
- Housman, Alfred Edward, 1859-1936 (poet) 1
- James, Montague Rhodes, 1862-1936 (biblical scholar, antiquary and palaeographer) 1
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.