Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This group of papers concerns one stage in the long campaign to relax the hold of compulsory Greek on the University's curriculum and examinations, culminating in the publication of two reports by the Studies and Examinations Syndicate in 1904 and 1906.
Lectures on Greek philosophy delivered by Henry Jackson, Michaelmas term, 1873, 154 folios. The text is on the recto. On the verso are headings and references.
- Lectures 1
- Philosophy 1
- Darwin, Sir George Howard, 1845-1912 (Knight, mathematician and geophysicist) 2
- Adams, John Couch, 1819-1892 (astronomer) 1
- Balfour, Arthur James, 1848-1930 (1st Earl of Balfour) 1
- Cavendish, William, 1808-1891 (7th Duke of Devonshire and University Chancellor) 1
- Cobb, Gerard Francis, 1838-1904 (composer and writer) 1
- Gorst, Sir John Eldon, 1835-1916 (Knight, barrister and politician) 1
- Grey, Thomas de, 1843-1919 (6th Baron Walsingham, politician and entomologist) 1
- Leigh, Augustus Austen, 1840-1905 (college provost) 1
- Maine, Sir Henry James Sumner, 1822-1888 (Knight, college head and jurist) 1
- Middleton, Richard William Evelyn, 1846-1905 (Conservative Party Chief Agent) 1
- Neville, Latimer, 1829-1918 (6th Baron Braybrooke) 1
- Sidgwick, Arthur, 1840-1920 (educationalist and classicist) 1
- Sidgwick, Henry, 1838-1900 (philosopher and economist) 1
- Stokes, Sir George Gabriel, 1819-1903 (1st Baronet and physicist) 1
- Strutt, John William, 1842-1919 (3rd Baron Rayleigh, experimental and mathematical physicist) 1
- Taylor, Sedley, 1834-1920 (musical scholar) 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Wade, Sir Thomas Francis, 1818-1895 (Knight, diplomat) 1 ∧ less
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.