Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Alwyn Faber Scholfield: Papers
Includes correspondence with Montague Rhodes James, notes on classical literature and translations, correspondence and material relating to the University Library.
Cambridge University Library: Index to Signatures
List of autograph signatures found in books in Cambridge University Library, 168 folios. The names are arranged in alphabetical order. Most of the entries are in the hand of C.E. Sayle, with some in that of F.J.H. Jenkinson. The entries were first made in 1894. Probably few if any entries were made after 1929 and the book is not now in use.
Cambridge University Library: Visitors' Book
Charles Cockerell: Designs for Cambridge University Library
Francis Jenkinson: Correspondence
Correspondence from family members, members of the University and others on a wide range of subjects.
Francis John Henry Jenkinson: Cambridge University Library Diaries
The diaries contain occasional notes of Library business, including notes of books that were offered for sale, bought, presented, recommended for the Library, missing, or mutilated; autographs in books; requests for, and receipt of, loans; complaints; engagements; binding practice; visitors; copyright claims; and library rearrangement. The diaries were continued in other hands during the absence or illness of Jenkinson.
Hugh Fraser Stewart and family: Correspondence and Papers
List of Exercises of Bachelors and Doctors of Music
A reference-list of the exercises for the Degrees of Bachelor and Doctor of Music between the years 1875 and 1910, arranged in columns as follows: 1) name of recipient of degree; 2) degree; 3) date; 4) reference number of exercise. The names are in alphabetical order. The reference numbers are those of the University Library, where the exercises are kept. There are 22 folios.
Richard Boulind: Cambridge Libraries Questionnaire
Thomas Gray: Catalogue of Books in the Royal Library
A catalogue of books in the Royal Library of Cambridge University Library, mainly incunabula, in the hand of Thomas Gray. The arrangement, in two shelves, antedates that of F.S. Parris' catalogue (1752).
- Libraries 2
- Music 2
- Belgium 1
- Books 1
- Catalogues 1
- Classical literature 1
- Degrees 1
- Grenoble 1
- Lausanne, Switzerland 1
- Lectures 1 ∧ less
- Jenkinson, Francis John Henry, 1853-1923 (librarian) 4
- James, Montague Rhodes, 1862-1936 (biblical scholar, antiquary and palaeographer) 2
- Boulind, Richard, 1938 - c.1988 (librarian and bibliographer) 1
- Cockerell, Charles Robert, 1788-1863 (architect) 1
- Eton College 1
- Gow, Andrew Sydenham Farrar, 1886-1978 (Classical Scholar) 1
- Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771 (poet and literary scholar) 1
- Housman, Alfred Edward, 1859-1936 (poet) 1
- Mayor, John Edward Bickersteth, 1825-1910 (classical scholar and divine) 1
- Parry, Sir Charles Hubert Hastings, 1848-1918 (Knight, composer and musical writer) 1
- Pascal, Blaise, 1623-1662 (mathematician and physicist) 1
- Scholfield, Alwyn Faber, 1884-1969 (Cambridge University Librarian) 1
- Stanford, Sir Charles Villiers, 1852-1924 (Knight, composer and conductor) 1
- Stewart, Hugh Fraser, 1863-1948 (academic, churchman and literary critic) 1
- Trinity College, Cambridge 1 ∧ less