Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Cuttings from various publications on the 1892 disturbances, some in French and German with typescript translations. There is a note at the front by H.B. Thomas, October 1968: 'Formerly in Secretariat Library, Entebbe, Uganda, used by Margery Pelham when writing "Lugard, the years of adventure"'.
105 x 195 cms on mount in frame 215 x 310 cms. Frederick John Dealtry Lugard (1858-1945), created Baron Lugard of Abinger in 1928, is associated chiefly with Africa, but was Governor of Hong Kong from 1907 to 1912. He was chiefly responsible for the creation of the University of Hong Kong in 1911. This full-length portrait of him in Governor's full-dress uniform is signed at the bottom.
- Names: Lugard, Frederick John Dealtry, 1858 - 1945 (Baron Lugard, colonial administrator, soldier and author) X
- Africa (continent) 2
- Uganda (nation) 2
- Asia (continent) 1
- China (nation) 1
- Hong Kong (administrative region) 1
- French 1
- German 1
- Churchill, Sir (Winston Leonard Spencer, 1874-1965, Knight, statesman and historian) 1
- Gedge, Ernest, 1862 - 1935 (colonial administrator) 1
- Haggard, Sir (Henry Rider, 1856-1925, Knight, novelist) 1
- Jackson, Sir (Frederick John, 1860-1929, Knight, explorer, naturalist and administrator) 1
- Mumeya and Gano 1
The UK Archival Thesaurus has been integrated with our catalogue, thanks to Kings College London and the AIM25 project for their support with this.