Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Comprising a collection of pamphlets featuring speeches, articles or other text by Sir Winston Churchill.
Discurso Hispano-politico sobre el stado presente de la Monarquia, in Spanish, signed 'Elabad D. Joseph Arnolfini de Illucas', 31 MAR 1662. With a modern typescript summary.
A translation into Castilian verse by Francisco Xavier Alegre of Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux, 'L'Art Poétique', with a dedicatory epistle to a disciple of the translator.
The papers consist of material collected by Olwyn Hughes, mainly during the period she acted as literary agent for her brother Ted Hughes. Papers include copies of early appearances of many of Ted Hughes's and Sylvia Plath's poems and essays in literary magazines and newspapers and many newspaper cuttings relating to the work and lives of Ted Hughes, Sylvia Plath and their children. The collection contains no original manuscript material by Ted Hughes or Sylvia Plath.
Discorso politico sobre si Françiamobera gerra, in Spanish, signed 'Elabad Arnolfini', Madrid, 24 DEC 1665, in a modern card cover With a modern typescript summary.
'Cargos hechos al Marqués de la Ensanada, y sus Respuestas', 7 charges concerning the Marqués de la Ensanada's reform policy in the Spanish American colonies, and his refutations of the allegations, followed by a report of the dismissal of ministers, 21 July 1754 (28pp.).
1 volume, in Spanish, 221pp., dated 1775 but perhaps compiled c.1748, Cathalogo de algunos libros curiosos y selectos para una libreria de un particular que desee comprar de tres a quatro mil tomos; at p.212, explanation of rationale behind choice of books.
Undated medical notebook, mentioning several German doctors, including Dr. Rupizus of Dresden (possibly Heinrich Rupitzius), Dr. Heim of Berlin, and 'Canones terapeuticos del Dr. Pitschaft'' (possibly Johann August Pitschaft, 1783-1848).
Papers including correspondence and research notes.
Including some correspondence of his wife, Celia Milstein, to 2003.
Many manuscripts acquired by the University Library before the middle of the nineteenth century either originated as or were made up into bound volumes, and classified alongside printed material. Most carry what is known as a 'two-letter' reference, running from Dd.1.1 through to Oo.7.60. They comprise mainly medieval and early modern manuscripts. Also are included are a number of Middle Eastern and Far Eastern manuscripts.
- Language: Spanish; Castilian X
- Cambridge University Library 13
- Pembroke College Library 2
- Churchill Archives Centre 2
- ARCHON code (for CUL materials)
- Archives and MSS Dept. (GBR/0012) 13
- Ambassadors 1
- Biology 1
- Catholicism 1
- China 1
- Church history 1
- Colonial administration 1
- Colonialism 1
- Colonization 1
- Commonwealth (1649-1660) 1
- Diplomacy 1
- Diplomats 1
- English Civil Wars (1642-1651) 1
- Family papers 1
- Hong Kong 1
- Japan 1
- Literary criticism 1
- Lord Protectors 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Poetry 1
- Recipes 1
- Regicide 1
- Salamanca 1
- West Indies 1 ∧ less
- English 11
- French 6
- Dutch; Flemish 4
- German 4
- Italian 4
- Portuguese 3
- Danish 2
- Irish 2
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 2
- Latin 2
- Russian 2
- Swedish 2
- Amharic 1
- Arabic 1
- Chinese 1
- Church Slavic; Old Slavonic; Church Slavonic; Old Bulgarian; Old Church Slavonic 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hawaiian 1
- Indonesian 1
- Japanese 1
- Persian 1
- Syriac 1
- Urdu 1 ∧ less
- Arnolfini, José, fl 1662-1665 (prelate) 2
- Alegre, Francisco Xavier, 1729-1788 (translator and historian) 1
- Alvarez, Alfred, 1929-2019 (author) 1
- Blennerhassett, Lady Charlotte Julie, 1843-1917 (Countess of Leyden, biographer) 1
- Blennerhassett, Sir Rowland, 1839-1909 (4th Baronet political writer) 1
- Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer, Sir, 1874 - 1965 (Knight, statesman and historian) 1
- Cromwell, Oliver, 1599-1658 ((Lord Protector, 1653-58)) 1
- Cárdenas, Alonso de, 1592-1664 (Spanish noble, Knight of Santiago) 1
- Heaney, Seamus Justin, 1939-2013 (poet, playright and translator) 1
- Hughes, Edward James, 1930-1998 (Poet Laureate) 1
- Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd 1
- Jardine, William, 1784-1843 (physician and merchant) 1
- Matheson and Co Ltd 1
- Matheson, Sir Nicholas James Sutherland, 1796-1878 (1st Baronet, merchant and politician) 1
- Milstein, César, 1927 - 2002 (molecular biologist) 1
- Plath, Sylvia, 1932-1963 (afterwards Hughes, poet and novelist) 1
- Sarmiento, Martin, 1692-1770 (Benedictine monk and scholar) 1
- Zenón, de Somodevilla y Bengoechea, 1702-1781 (Marquis of Ensenada) 1 ∧ less