Letters from Lady Diana Cooper to Conrad Russell, 1944-01 - 1944-12
Scope and Contents
Letters from Algiers and Paris [France] on subjects including: life in Algeria; Winston Churchill’s visit to Marrakesh [Morocco], Jan 1944 and Clementine Churchill’s view that he would die after the war; a visit by Mary, Lady Spears [earlier Mary Borden], Feb 1944; a visit from Martha Hemingway [Martha Gellhorn], Mar 1944; Charles de Gaulle ("Charlie Wormwood"); Randolph Churchill’s plane crashing, July 1944 and stay, Aug 1944; going to Italy, Aug 1944; life in Paris.
- 1944-01 - 1944-12
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for consultation by researchers using Churchill Archives Centre, Churchill College, Cambridge.
Language of Materials
Finding aid date
- Churchill, Randolph Frederick Edward Spencer, 1911 - 1968 (politician, author)
- Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer, Sir, 1874 - 1965 (Knight, statesman and historian)
- Gaulle, Charles Andre Joseph Marie de, 1890 - 1970 (General, President of France)
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Spears, Mary, 1886 - 1968 (née Borden, writer)
- From the Fonds: Cooper, Diana Olivia Winifred Maud, Lady, 1892 - 1986 (née Manners, wife of 1st Viscount Norwich) (Person)