E. J. Dent and 'Die Entfuhrung aus dem Serail', 1951 - 1957
Scope and Contents
The file contains:
- Typescript memoir [by J. B. Trend] written after Dent’s death, 23 Aug. 1957, including reference to Dent's religious beliefs;
- Typescript translations of parts of Act II of Mozart's opera 'Die Entfuhrung' [by Edward Dent] for the Royal College of Music, Apr. 1951;
- Draft of a letter from Carey to Adrian Boult concerning Dent’s life and lack of honours, and a typescript reply from Boult to Carey, 16 Aug. 1955, referring to a letter not enclosed (presumably sent to the recipient [Dent?];
- Manuscript notes by Carey on ‘DaP’s book’ [?Da Ponte, librettist of several of Mozart's operas], undated;
- Small envelope of press cuttings about Edward Dent, including obituaries;
- Manuscript draft of an obituary or memoir of Dent by Carey;
- Off-prints of 4 articles by Dent;
- Typescript translation [by Dent] of the dialogue from 'Die Entfuhrung', with manuscript annotations by Carey, for Sadlers Wells 1952.
- 2 typed letters signed from Sadlers Wells Theatre (from Norman Tucker and James Robertson) concerning the chorus for a production. Aug. 1952, with 2 annotated typescript copies of a translation of Act III of ‘Il Seraglio’ annotated ‘James Warnack RCM’ and 'Royal College of Music'.
- 1951 - 1957
1 file(s) : paper
Language of Materials
DateText: Some items are undated.
Finding aid date
Part of the Archive Centre, King's College, Cambridge Repository
Cambridge CB2 1ST United Kingdom
+44 (0)1223 331444