Bloomsbury and its circle, 1920 - 1991
Scope and Contents
Snapshots and professional studio portraits of Barbara Bagenal, Angelica Bell, Clive Bell, Francis Birrell, Gerald Brenan, Dora Carrington, Roger Fry, Edward Gathorne-Hardy, Henry Lamb, Janetta Parladé, G.H.W. ('Dadie') Rylands, Roger Senhouse, Julia Strachey, Lytton Strachey and Stephen Tomlin. The photographers include Lettice Ramsay and Kyrle Leng.
- 1920 - 1991
48 item(s) (48 items in conservation photograph box) : photographic prints
Language of Materials
These photographs were found in disarray and have been arranged by the Archivist in approximate chronological order. Some photographs were evidently removed from the albums and have previous locations written on the back in Frances Partridge's handwriting. They have not been re-inserted into the albums because they have also been given a new numeric sequence and were removed by FCP for a specific reason, possibly for publication.
DateText: These dates are approximate.
Finding aid date
- Bell, Arthur Clive Heward, 1881 - 1964 (art critic)
- Birrell, Francis Frederick Locker, 1889 - 1935 (writer)
- Brenan, Edward Fitzgerald, 1894 - 1987 (writer and hispanist)
- Carrington, Dora de Houghton, 1893 - 1932 (painter)
- Fry, Roger Eliot, 1866 - 1934 (painter and art critic)
- Rylands, George Humphrey Wolferstan, 1902-1999 (literary critic and dramatist)
- Senhouse, Roger Henry Pocklington, 1900 - 1970 (publisher and bibliophile)
- Strachey, Giles Lytton, 1880 - 1932 (biographer and critic)
- Tomlin, Stephen, 1901 - 1937 (sculptor)
- From the Fonds: Partridge, Frances Catherine, 1900 - 2004 (writer and literary journalist) (Person)
Part of the Archive Centre, King's College, Cambridge Repository
Cambridge CB2 1ST United Kingdom
+44 (0)1223 331444