Scope and Contents
Predictions about the progress of the war during 1944, written at Christmas 1943 at the instigation of Quentin Bell. Prophecies were contributed by Quentin Bell, Clive Bell, John Maynard Keynes, Max Werner (press cutting ‘Six Point Chart for Victory Year’ from Reynolds News, c. Dec. 1943), Duncan Grant, Vanessa Bell, Angelica Bell and Leonard Woolf. The file also contains 1 typed letter signed from Leonard Woolf to Vanessa Bell enclosing his prophecy, and 3 envelopes.
1 envelope(s) (22 items in envelope) : paper
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The documents in this file were given by Anne Olivier Bell in 2003. See Appendix 2 for a complete list of this accession.
Finding aid date
- Woolf, Leonard Sidney, 1880 - 1969 (editor, author and colonial Civil Servant) (Person)
- Grant, Duncan James Corrowr, 1885 - 1978 (painter) (Person)
- Bell, Vanessa, 1879 - 1961 (painter) (Person)
- Bell, Arthur Clive Heward, 1881 - 1964 (art critic) (Person)
- Bell, Quentin Claudian Stephen, 1910 - 1996 (author, artist and art historian) (Person)
- Keynes, John Maynard, 1883 - 1946 (Baron Keynes, economist) (Person)
Part of the Archive Centre, King's College, Cambridge Repository
Cambridge CB2 1ST United Kingdom
+44 (0)1223 331444