Skip to main content

Citadel House, A. J. B. Wace era excavations

Reference Code: GBR/3437/MCNE/3/2/6

Scope and Contents

The first 8 items (photographs) were taken at the very beginning of the British team's excavation of Citadel house in 1954, when the initial discovery was believed to be a reservoir. Subsequently, this impression was revised and changed to the designation 'storeroom'. The Citadel House area, designated ‘Area Gamma (Γ)’, was a complex of buildings that was to be excavated fully under the direction of Lord William Taylour during the 1959-1969 seasons.


Language of Materials


Repository Details

Part of the University of Cambridge: Faculty of Classics Archives Repository

Faculty of Classics
Sidgwick Avenue
Cambridge CB3 9DA United Kingdom
+441223 335193