Skip to main content

Kato Phournos: door and dromos from within, 1955

Reference Code: GBR/3437/MCNE/3/1/6/11
Kato Phournos: door and dromos from within
Kato Phournos: door and dromos from within

Scope and Contents

From the File:

The British team originally called this tholos tomb the 'Oleander tomb' but then changed it to the 'Kato Phournos' (Lower Oven) tomb. It belongs to the second group of tholoi at Mycenae, as categorised by A. J. B. Wace, dating to ca. 1500-1400 BC. A. J. B. Wace and his team investigated the dromos and tholos in 1922.


  • Creation: 1955


Conditions Governing Use

Copyright R. McCabe


1 photographic print(s) (1 photograph)

Language of Materials



Negative 55 BMc 28

Repository Details

Part of the University of Cambridge: Faculty of Classics Archives Repository

Faculty of Classics
Sidgwick Avenue
Cambridge CB3 9DA United Kingdom
+441223 335193