Kato Phournos: Linda Witherill seen through the doorway standing in the dromos, 1955
Item
Reference Code: GBR/3437/MCNE/3/1/6/8
Scope and Contents
From the File:
The British team originally called this tholos tomb the 'Oleander tomb' but then changed it to the 'Kato Phournos' (Lower Oven) tomb. It belongs to the second group of tholoi at Mycenae, as categorised by A. J. B. Wace, dating to ca. 1500-1400 BC. A. J. B. Wace and his team investigated the dromos and tholos in 1922.
Dates
- Creation: 1955
Creator
- McCabe, Robert, 1934 (photographer) (Person)
Conditions Governing Use
R. McCabe copyright
Extent
1 photographic print(s) (1 photograph)
Language of Materials
English
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
H. 25.4 x W. 20.2 cm
Repository Details
Part of the University of Cambridge: Faculty of Classics Archives Repository
Contact:
Faculty of Classics
Sidgwick Avenue
Cambridge CB3 9DA United Kingdom
+441223 335193
archives@classics.cam.ac.uk
Faculty of Classics
Sidgwick Avenue
Cambridge CB3 9DA United Kingdom
+441223 335193
archives@classics.cam.ac.uk