Lease of parsonage, Madingley, Cambridgeshire
Scope and Contents
The Bishop of Ely, on the surrender of a former lease granted by his predecessor to Bartholomew Samuel Rowley and to James Hallett of North Audley Street, London, lets to James Hallett the parsonage of Madingley for a term of three lives. The lessee in addition to the rent is to pay a certain sum yearly to the Vicar of Madingley. The Bishop appoints Thomas Hammond and John Page, both of Madingley, his attorneys to take and deliver livery of seisin. James Hallett appoints John Hitch and Samuel Traylen of Cambridge his attorneys to deliver livery of seisin and take possession of the premises. Witnessed by Edward Row Pickering. On the back is a certificate that livery was taken by Thomas Hammond and delivered to Samuel Traylen. Witnessed by Matthew Linton and John Page.
- Creation: 7 July 1812 (Date of certificate: 18 January 1813)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (vellum) : vellum
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by Dr. W.M. Palmer of Linton, Cambridgeshire, 16 February 1929
- Language of description
- Script of description