Letters patent, Leiston, Suffolk
Scope and Contents
Direction by the Crown to the Councillors to assign to George [Duke] of Buckingham the manor and monastery of Leiston, which by Letters Patent dated 29 June 1605 had been let to certain Counsellors, some of whom were since deceased, for a term of five hundred years in trust for the use of the Crown. The lands were intended to be granted to Charles Duke of York, and wer so granted with a proviso for the termination of the grant at the King's pleasure during his life-time. After the decease of Prince Henry by Letters Patent dated 10 Aug. 1613 the manor of Moulton, Northamptonshire, was granted to Prince Charles and the former grant revoked, the Crown becoming again seised of the manor and monastery of Leiston. Subscribed by Tho. Pailser.
- 29 July 1619
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (vellum) : vellum
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Messrs. Hodgson through Messrs. Bernard Quaritch, 18 May 1929
- Language of description
- Script of description