Thomas Cecil Fitzpatrick: Photographs of Views and Manuscripts in Patmos
Scope and Contents
27 'Photographs of views and manuscripts. Patmos', mounted on card: [1-11] Views of Patmos, bay, harbour, monastery, side street, Syra, Leros, main street of Patmos, Church of the Apocalypse, and the library of the Monastery of St. John; [12-13] Eiconostasion in Church of St. Elias, and a fresco of St. Christodoulos, founder of the Monastery of St. John; [14-27] Pages of manuscripts, Codex N of the Gospels (Purpureo-argenteus), Evangelistarium, St. Gregorius Nazianz (dated A.D.941), Origenis Philocalia (10th or 11th century), roll, Liturgy of St. Chrysostom (1260), and Catena on Job.
- 1885 (circa)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 file(s) (1 box-file)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The photographs were originally 'Presented to the Library of the Divinity Schools by T.C. Fitzpatrick, B.A. Christ's College' (Fitzpatrick graduated B.A. in 1885). Transferred from the Divinity Faculty Library, 1996.
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org