Scope and Contents
Letters to Holbrooke, mostly from composers and writers on music.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Alwyn, William, 1905-1985 (composer)
- Bax, Sir Arnold Edward Trevor, 1883-1953 (Knight and composer)
- Harty, Sir Herbert Hamilton, 1879-1941 (Knight, conductor and composer)
- Ireland, John Nicholson, 1879-1962 (composer and organist)
- Manns, Sir August Friedrich, 1825-1907 (Knight, conductor)
- Newman, Ernest, 1868-1959 (music critic)
- Scott, Cyril Meir, 1879-1970 (composer and writer on the occult)
- Wallace, William Francis Stuart, 1860-1940 (composer and writer on music)
- Language of description
- Script of description