Correspondence and papers of Neil Benjamin Edmonstone (1765-1841)
Scope and Contents
Letters, mostly from Neil Edmondstone to family members, amnay from India. Also includes some other family correspondence, other papers and a copy of an autobiography of Sir Archibald Edmondstone.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 archive box(es) (1 box paper) : paper
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection of correspondence and other papers was presented to Cambridge University Library in 1960 after the death of Dr J.A. Venn. Dr Venn had acquired the collection through his wife Susanna Carnegie Venn, née Edmonstone, cousin of Marmaduke Browne.
- Campbell, John, 1723-1806 (fifth duke of Argyll, soldier)
- East India Company
- Tipu, 1750-1799 (Sultan of Mysore)
- Venn, Henry, 1725-1797 (Church of England clergyman)
- Venn, John Archibald, 1883-1958 (historian and college head)
- Wellesley, Richard Colley, 1760-1842 (Marquess Wellesley, governor-general of Bengal)
- Language of description
- Script of description