Skip to main content

Arms, inscriptions and epitaphs in Bedfordshire churches

Reference Code: GBR/0012/MS Add.741

Scope and Contents

Including: John Fisher of Clifton (d. 1428); John Curteys of Wimmington (d. 1371); Thomas Reynes of Marston-Morteyne (d. 1451); Thomas Burgoyn of Sutton (d. 1516); Mathew de Asschetoun of Shitlington (d. 1400); Alianore Conquest of Flitton (d. 1444); John Lech of Felmersham (d. 1635); Richard Fyssher of Goldington (d. 1507); Anthony Newdegate of Haynes (d. 1568); Henry Barnard of Ampthill (d. 1506); Richard and Anne Faldo of Maulden (d. 1576, 1594); John Launcelyn of Cople (d. 1435); Richard Conquest of Houghton-Conquest (d. 1500); Sir Nicholas Harve of Ampthill (d. 1532); John Meptyshale of Meppershall (d. 1440); John Boteler of Meppershall (d. 1441); John Ackworth of Luton (d. 1513); Lady Maria Wentworth of Toddington (d. 1682); Nicholas Luke of Cople (d. 1563); Thomas and Anne Spenser of Cople (d. 1547, 1591); Robert and Joan Bulkeley of Cople (d. 1550, 1556); Walter Papley of Marston (d. 1420); William Lenthorpe of Marston (d. 1516); Richard Paveley of Milchborn (d. 1377), Robert Hatley (d. 1585).


  • Creation: 1826

Conditions Governing Access

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (


1 volume(s) (1 volume paper) : paper

Language of Materials


Immediate Source of Acquisition

From the library of Henry Wellesley, principal of New Inn Hall, Oxford (d. 1866). Purchased and presented to the Library by Samuel Sandars MA of Trinity College, Cambridge, c. 1870.

Language of description
Script of description

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom