Geoffrey Keating: 'History of Ireland' (transcribed by Diarmuid O'Mulchaoine)
Scope and Contents
Transcribed for the Revd Morgan O'Brien, parish priest of Newcastle, Co. Limerick. The original first went into circulation in manuscript in 1634. Marginal subheadings in English, in O'Mulchaoine's hand. Flyleaf: note on Keating's chapel at Tubrid, by J. O'Donovan, Clonmel, 1840. A few notes by O'Donovan elsewhere in the text.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume paper) : paper
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
See Catalogue of Irish MSS. in Cambridge Libraries, pp. 3-4.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Belonged to Dr J. H. Todd. Purchased at his sale, Dublin, Nov. 1869, lot 1412.
- Language of description
- Script of description