Gibraltar from end of Old [mistitled] Mole. c.1880
Scope and Contents
1206 x 221 mm. A panoramic view composed of 5 joined prints, cloth-backed. The panorama shows a view looking towards the south part of the town from the New Mole. At the right of the photograph ships and hulks are moored at the dockyard with the town beyond. Among the prominent buildings identifiable are the South Barracks behind the town, the Barrack Chapel directly in front, and the Station Hospital on the skyline at the right of the picture. The panorama follows the sea wall and the Rosia Main Road towards the left of the photograph with the northern section of the town with the Moorish Castle visible on the hillside behind.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (1 item)
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Fair condition but with some fading and a few chemical stains.
Existence and Location of Originals
To view the image:
Existence and Location of Copies
This collection is available on microfiche: Middle East, fiche number 3.
This collection level description was entered by SG using information from the original typescript catalogue.
- 2004-02-23 16:25:21+00:00
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com