St Dunstan in the West, London: Account of repairs
Scope and Contents
St Dunstan-in-the-West, London: account of repairs, 82 folios: (fo. 2v) list of commissioners for repairs of St Dunstan's-in-the-West, 1660; (fo. 3) minutes of general meetings, vestries and meetings of the committee for repairs, 7 April 1659 - 17 August 1662; (fo. 17) statement of account of sums received for and expended on repairs, 7 April 1659 - 17 August 1663; (fo. 29) statement of account of various workmen engaged on the repairs; (fo. 66) minutes of the meeting of the committee for repairs, 30 October 1660. On fo. 45 is the beginning of a scribbled receipt, erased. Inside the front cover are the bookplates of F.W. Cosens and Samuel Sandars. On fo. 1 is 'Saml Sandars M.A. Camb. J.P. Bucks. London&Chalfont 1890', and a cutting from the printed catalogue of F.W. Cosens' sale of 1890, in which the manuscript was lot 20. On fo. 82 is 'Ex. Jarvis' (19th century). Between fos 2 and 3 is inserted a leaf to which is pasted a printed portrait of Praise-God-Bar[e]bone (Sir Richard Browne).
The repairs to the parish church of St Dunstan-in-the-West, London, began in 1659, and involved the building of a new timber roof, and repairs and amendments to the steeple, battlements and walls about the church. The commission for the repairs included Sir Richard Browne, a vestryman.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 Volume)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bequeathed by Samuel Sandars to the Library, 1894.
- Language of description
- Script of description