Robert Creighton: Official letters and speeches
Scope and Contents
Includes items addressed to: George Villiers, duke of Buckingham; Charles I; Arnobius van Randwijk and Adrian Paw, envoys from the United Provinces; earl of Holland; Samel Harsnett, archbishop of York; Francis, Lord Cottington; William Laud, archbishop of Canterbury; Lord Coventry; earl of Manchester; Richard Neile, archbishop of York; Viscount Dorchester; Sir John Coke; Sir Nicholas Hyde; Sir Thomas Richardson; Richard Weston, earl of Portland; earl of Arundel; earl of Dorset; William Cecil, 2nd earl of Salisbury; earl of Bridgwater; earl of Kellie; 1st Viscount Conway; Viscount Grandison; earl of Danby; Sir Francis Windebank; dowager duchess of Buckingham; John, Lord Finch; Sir John Bramston senr; Charles Louis, Elector Palatine; and Thomas Morton, bishop of Durham.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume paper) : paper
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
A full list is available in the Manuscripts Reading Room.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Puttick and Simpson, 22 Dec. 1893 lot 1028. Purchased through Messrs Macmillan and Bowes, 2 Jan. 1894.
- Cecil, William, 1591-1668 (2nd Earl of Salisbury)
- Charles, I, 1600-1649 (King of England, Scotland, and Ireland)
- Coke, Sir John, 1563-1644 (Knight and politician)
- Cottington, Francis, ? 1579-1652 (1st Baron Cottington, diplomat and politician)
- Harsnett, Samuel, ? 1561-1631 (Archbishop of York)
- Laud, William, 1573-1645 (Archbishop of Canterbury)
- Neile, Richard, 1562-1640 (Archbishop of York)
- Windebank, Sir Francis, ? 1582-1646 (Knight, politician)
- Language of description
- Script of description