Sketches by W.H. Counsell and others for the Cambridge Magazine
Scope and Contents
The Cambridge Magazine was founded by C.K. Ogden in 1912, and edited by him until its closure ten years later. Its content included cartoons and other illustrations of persons, events and trends in Cambridge life. Most of the items listed below were the work of William Henry Counsell (1869-1943) (‘Min’), formerly of Cavendish House and Downing College, headmaster of Morecambe Grammar School 1919-29 and vicar of Ivegill, Cumberland from 1930. There are also two letters from Counsell to Ogden, and five drawings by other artists.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
2 archive box(es)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This material, which had presumably strayed from C.K. Ogden’s own archives, was purchased by Cambridge University Library in 1981 from Mrs Avril Pedley.
- Language of description
- Uncoded languages
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org