Scope and Contents
In consideration of 5s, William Anderson of Cambridge, mealman (only son and heir of John and Mary Anderson), leases a tenement in the parish of St Clement, Cambridge, a house and lands in Dry Drayton, Cambridgeshire, now occupied by a Mr Bynge, a windmill and granary in Chesterton, and various freehold properties in the parish of St Botolph, Newnham, for one year to his sister Mary Anderson of Cambridge, at peppercorn rent, as first stage in process of lease and release. See also Doc 1926. Signed and sealed by William Anderson, witnessed by Rebecca Wrattin and John Wood, duty stamp. Form of indenture supplied by Thomas Druce (or Bruce?) of Staple Inn.
- 19 Aug. 1793 (33 George III)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (vellum) : vellum
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by E.A.B. Barnard, F.S.A., April 1932
- Language of description
- Script of description