Lease, Newnham, Cambridgeshire
Scope and Contents
In consideration of 5s, William Tassell of Cambridge, merchant, leases his farmyard in the parish of St Botolph, Newnham, Cambridge, late in the possession of John Purchas and Thomas Francis and now occupied by John Edlestone, for one year to Mary Anderson of Cambridge, widow of John Anderson of Cambridge, mealman, at peppercorn rent, as first stage in process of lease and release. See also Doc 1880, 1881, 1884. Signed and sealed by Tassell, witnessed by Thomas Moore and Chs Martindale, duty stamps.
- 28 Nov. 1785 (26 George III)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (vellum) : vellum
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by E.A.B. Barnard, F.S.A., April 1932
- Language of description
- Script of description