Lease, Newnham, Cambridgeshire
Scope and Contents
In consideration of 5s, Mary Anderson of Cambridge, widow of John Anderson of Cambridge, mealman, leases her farmyard in the parish of St Botolph, Newnham, Cambridge, late in the possession of John Purchas and Thomas Francis and now occupied by John Edlestone, for one year to William Tassell of Cambridge, merchant, at peppercorn rent, as first stage in process of lease and release. See also Doc 1881. Signed and sealed by Mary Anderson, witnessed by Joseph Bryant and Chs Martindale, duty stamp.
- 3 June 1783 (23 George III)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (vellum) : vellum
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by E.A.B. Barnard, F.S.A., April 1932
- Language of description
- Script of description