Skip to main content

Dedication of Jamaica War Memorial 1922

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3073F

Scope and Contents

Collection of uncaptioned photographs by Cleary and Elliott, Kingston, Jamaica. The Memorial, a cross of island stone in front of the East Block of the Public Buildings in Kingston, was unveiled and dedicated on Armistice Day, 11 November 1922. Details for each photograph are derived from an accompanying Order of Service and the Jamaica Annual Report 1922.


  • Creation: 1922-11-11


Conditions Governing Access

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Biographical / Historical

J. W. Cleary established a photographic business in Kingston, Jamaica, circa 1887. E. W. Elliott became his partner in 1906. In 1922 they had a studio at 89 King Street, Kingston.


3 item(s) (3 images)

Language of Materials


Immediate Source of Acquisition

Presented by John Falconer in 1987.


This item level description was entered by SG and MJC using information from the original typescript catalogue.


J W Cleary and E W Elliott

Includes index.
2004-02-04 14:46:15+00:00
Language of description
Script of description

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom