Admission (copy), Witcham, Cambridgeshire
Scope and Contents
Certifying that James Golborne of Witcham, farmer, and Mary his wife having surrendered on 18 Aug 1841 (in pursuance of the terms of a five-part indenture of release dated 17 Aug 1841, and also in consideration of #52 10s paid to the first parties thereunto) their copyhopld tenement or 'Cow Croft' in Witcham by the hands of Hugh Robert Evans, gent, steward of the manor of Witcham, to the use of William Nix of Chatteris, farmer, the latter is now admitted tenant in the same at an unchanged annual rent of 5s 2d. Copy of court roll, examined by Hugh Robert Evans, duty stamps. Lords of the manor are the dean (George Peacock DD) and chapter of Ely cathedral. Endorsed in various hands: 'ex Golborn / The little cow croft', 'No 65 on Eau Brink Map / and on Ordnance Survey / No 168', 'This cow croft is within described on one side by land of Mrs Clay and on the other side by land of William Wiles' (accompanied by abbreviated terrier to map of Eau Brink), with further pencilled jottings.
- 3 Nov. 1841
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (vellum) : vellum
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by E.A.B. Barnard, F.S.A., November 1931
- Language of description
- Script of description