Admission (copy), Sutton, Cambridgeshire
Scope and Contents
Certifying that in his will dated 1 Sep 1794 the late Freeman Cawthorne bequeathed two parcels of lands containing 8 and 6 acres respectively in Sutton North Fen, held copyhold of the manor of Sutton, to his sons Philip and William Cawthorne to be held in common, and that the two sons are admitted tenants at the former specified rents: 2s 8d per annum on each parcel of land. (The will as quoted refers to 26 acres.) Copy of court roll, examined by the deputy steward, Hugh Robert Evans gent; the Dean of Ely cathedral (William Pearce DD), and chapter being lords of the manor, and Charles Nalson Cole esq the steward, duty stamps. Endorsed in pencil 'Bundle 4'.
- 13 May 1800
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (vellum) : vellum
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by E.A.B. Barnard, F.S.A., November 1931
- Language of description
- Script of description